Friday, May 25, 2012

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer

Today I would like to share with you my holy grail of all foundations.  Let me introduce you to Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20.  This little beauty is a-ma-zing.  Over the past few years, I have gone through so many kinds of foundations...drugstore brands, high-end brands, BB creams that I had to order online directly from Korea...and I was never fully satisfied.  That is until I picked up this little gem.  Although it's technically a tinted moisturizer, I do not feel even the least bit bare when wearing it.  I've always been one to prefer a light to medium coverage on a daily basis due to my ruddy complexion (though that has changed drastically with the miracle of Ole Henriksen skin care products), but this gives just enough evening color to make me feel confident and put together without feeling like I'm wearing a visible "makeup". It is somewhat buildable, so if you prefer a bit more color, you can certainly add more, especially in those areas where you may need a little extra coverage. However, the finish is sheer, slightly dewy, and very FRESH. I put my makeup on around 6 am and don't get off from work until 6:30 pm, and I don't feel dirty or gross by the end of the day, and I don't even need to touch up a single time throughout the entire day. The amazonian clay absorbs any oiliness or shine (and although I'm on the dryer side, I have ALWAYS gotten shiny on my T-zone within a few hours) so I never feel as if I look haggard by the end of the day.  I admit that I do use a finishing powder after I apply in the morning (Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder), but I do not reapply it at all after the initial application to set my face for the day.  With summer coming up very soon, I should think that nearly all of us would prefer a lighter coverage with less pore-clogging, heavy ingredients...and this should fit the bill! The only shortcoming that this may have would be the color selection and price.  I am quite fair (NC15), so the lightest shade, Agent 00, works out well for me, but I'm not sure how well it would work for those more fair than I. There is a pretty good selection of medium tones, but the darker skintones may be left with fewer choices.  The good news is that it is highly blendable, so it's likely that most will find a shade or two that will work. As for the price, it's $36 at all major beauty retailers such as Sephora and Ulta, and directly from the Tarte website, but to me it's well worth it.  It's the same approximate price as most higher-end foundations...and although it's a tinted moisturizer, it is my daily go-to product.  It's also prudent to note that Tarte has a passion for using natural, skin-safe ingredients that are not only eco-conscious, but also supremely and fabulously effective.  If you haven't ever tried any Tarte products or checked them out, do yourself a favor and click here.




FROM THE WEBSITE:
Smooth operator's "water-in-silicone" formula blends into your skin as easily as a moisturizer (and it's oil-free, so it won't clog your pores). The micro-treated pigments diffuse fine lines and wrinkles, giving an even, natural finish.

WHO MIGHT LIKE THIS:
Anyone who prefers a light coverage with highly effective evening coverage and anyone who does not like a traditional foundation. This is also very suitable for sensitive and reactive skin types.

WHO MIGHT NOT LIKE THIS:
Anyone who prefers a heavier, full-coverage finish.  It would not be effective for covering up major skin concerns (birthmarks, scars, severe acne)


PRICE PAID:
$36.00.  It is the same price at all major beauty retailers and directly from Tarte.





No comments:

Post a Comment