Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My love, Ole Henriksen

Ole, how do I love thee..let me count the ways...


1 - Apricot Cleansing Lotion


My skin savior.  This cleanser has, quite simply put, changed my skin..and my life.  If you have sensitive, dry, reactive, or just plain finnicky skin, you should try this.  It is amazing.  A lotion cleanser that does not dry you out, reduces redness and irritation, removes makeup like a dream, and rinses cleanly away with just water.  My skin has never been better than with Ole products, and I attribute the greatest result to this cleanser. Must. Have.






2 - Balancing Cucumber Face Tonic/Mist


This is my daily toner.  It soothes with aloe and balances with cucumber.  It is the perfect finisher after cleansing to get your pores properly prepped for the more intense treatments and moisturizers to follow.  This is a great one for dry and sensitive skins.  I also love the African Red Tea Face Mist by Ole, but the cucumber is my daily go-to toner.
3 - Three Little Wonders


And what wonders they are...This little set contains all three of the powerhouse products that make your skin glow and behave.  In the morning after cleansing and toning, follow up with the Truth Serum Collagen Booster.  This soaks right in and leaves your skin with a taut feeling and is packed with Vitamin C to help boost collagen production and fight aging.  After your evening makeup removal and cleansing and toning, smooth on just the teensiest bit of the Invigorating Night Gel...wake up to glowing, exfoliated, radiant, and clear skin.  I swear by this stuff and canNOT live without it!  It is the only AHA product I can use without setting my sensitive skin on fire. Both morning and evening, I follow these treatments up with the Sheer Transformation Cream.  This stuff is amazing...never in my life have I used such an effective moisturizer with such a light feel.  It takes heavy duty creams to keep my skin from flaking in the winter, but this stuff does the trick, and it's super lightweight and absorbs very quickly, meaning that I don't need a separate day and night cream.  This one works for both and wears really well under makeup.




4 - Fresh Start Eye Cream


This is a fantastic eye cream for sensitive eyes.  It has a great balm-like texture, but absorbs very quickly.  It feels really protective and moisturizing around the delicate skin of the eyes, and an added bonus is that it really conditions my eyelashes and seems to make them grow longer...or maybe just not break off so easily? Either way, the results are not only softer, fresher skin around the eyes with diminished lines, but fantastic eyelashes to enhance them. Win, win.






5 - Roll-on Blemish Attack


Okay, so even I will admit that the "roll-on" functionality of this spot treatment leaves a lot to be desired...but the product is great.  I just remove the little roller ball from the jar when I first open it, and then I use it by dipping a cotton swab in the little jar.  It seems to conserve the product as well as providing a really convenient and hygienic applicator. This spot treatment doesn't dry my skin out at all, but really does do the trick at erasing those little pimples before they turn into something worse.








6 - Micro Mini Peel


This is a great addition to  my daily regimen.  It is a once-a-week intensive treatment to exfoliate, brighten, smooth, and refine your complexion.  It is a 3 step process, incorporating first an exfoliating scrub that smells deliciously of almonds...it's a great scrub that leaves you very soft, yet it's gentle on even the most sensitive of skins.  The second step consists of the lemon peel, which is a gel mask with enzymatic properties to deep clean and clarify.  It can tingle a bit, but I wouldn't even label it as uncomfortable, which is saying a lot for my skin.  You top it all off by applying step 3, the chamomile comfort lotion.  This is a calming and moisturizing cream that you blend right on top of the lemon strip.  Leave it on for 20 or so minutes, and voila! Visibly brighter skin that lasts almost all week...Love it! I wanted to hate it due to the price, but no such luck...




This is just the short list of my favorites by Ole Henriksen.  I have tried several other products, and have had good luck with all of them...sometimes it's so hard to choose which to get whenever I run out of something.  Anyone else a fan of Ole Henriksen?  Check out the line here to learn more about the wonderful products! There's truly something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment